Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back in the Groove


It's been a long time between drinks for my little blog, a scenario that I could try to explain, but frankly I can't be bothered and I'm actually not quite sure what I'd say. Although I loved blogging about music, I wouldn't or couldn't or didn't want to blog about one of my other favourite ever things, travelling. Mostly cos no one wants to get all 'Eat Pray Love' on it (because, like, bllleeeeuurgh) or to sound like this guy ("ooooh, I was freaked out by those nasty scary Americans before before I travelled" .... all together now: What. A. Douche.) but anyway some of this is gonna have to change...

For the next 6 months I'm taking the delicious, unprecedented opportunity to wander for a while. I promise not to get all introspective and gross and annoying as I blog about it. Well, no more so than I am already. But I do want to be blogging. I've recently read Gretchen Rubin's excellent "The Happiness Project" - a delightful rumination on some of the simple things in our often-complicated little world. One of the things she highlights is the (kind of axiomatic, when you think about it) value in simply having a project at all. And whether I like or or not, blogging about music was my little thing, and I want to reincarnate it, and to keep writing. Badly. For an audience of 3. On a good day.

So, watch this space as I take time to have time. To slow down and to look up. I will probably go crazy as I see out 18 full months of living out of a suitcase. But mostly I'm excited to've rummaged through my storage boxes, pulled out my beloved cowboy boots, and let them take me on an adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment