Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Eagles, The Very Best of the Eagles (2003)

"Nice music choice this morning," my flatmate said to me on Friday evening.
Really?? I wasn't sure it'd really be his thing...
"Sure, it reminds me of the music my Dad listens to."

....and so I was relegated to the ranks of middle aged men everywhere.

I proudly stand by my week-ending choice, and I stand by my love of the Eagles. There's just enough sliding melancholy for a jet lagged girl suffering from post-trip blues, balanced with just the right mix of optimism. I particularly like this song because I, too, feel like a bit of an unsettled dreamer at the moment. And I'm attracted to the subversive nature of it: this is Randy Meisner giving a big middle finger to pressure. And sometimes pressure does need a big middle finger given to it.



The Eagles are a classic and - Dad-ish choice or not - classics are usually classics for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment