Sunday, September 30, 2012

Something In The Air

This morning I passed an excellent couple of hours doing yoga on the beach, then swimming in the ocean. I find it kind of ironic that most yoga classes in cramped damp studios in rainy grey cities play recorded beach sounds to help you find your happy place, and here on the beach, the yoga class plays music over the natural crashing of waves and chirping of birds.

But that said, there's something about yoga under the sun, with a breeze off the sea, and the ocean right nearby. It is one the most relaxing settings to have a stretch and contemplate life for a while, and I was doubly delighted to stretch out to this song:



I recently posted Simon and Garfunkel's "America", surely one of the most iconic songs about this country. This song also features on the Almost Famous soundtrack, one of my all-time favourite, quintessentially American movies, which I watched recently as I flew across the country to this perfect little spot. My happy place indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment